Create Content for a Growing Publication
Back in 2017 we started our little outdoor-living publication with a just few videos on Facebook. Now we have an audience of more than 1000 people across several different social media platforms, with a mailing list of more than 100 subscribers.
So in an effort to add more value to the brand, right now we’re aiming to coordinate with passionate writers, photographers and videographers to help us reach a goal of 100 articles here at the website.
If you would like to be considered as creative talent, send us an email. We want to hear from you. Don’t feel shy. Just reach out to us if you have a real interest to have your work seen or heard.
After all, that’s what actually got us started in the first place; we simply decided to create our own way of doing things.
We’ve built our little outdoor content operation, thus far, without the influence of advertisers (which typically funds all media operations).
That said, we’re a small, self-funded business. And our motto is pretty much — keep chopping wood.
That pretty much means we will allocate funds for creative payroll once we reach a point where we are (A) too busy to no longer create content on our own (B) We reach the day where we open the door to advertisers.
So, if you want to get published, hit us up. Because we can make it happen. But you really have to have a passion for outdoor content, not a paycheck. We’re working on that though, so just give us time if you’d like to get involved with the operation.
What We Offer Contributors
- Backlinks to your website/ facebook page and other social media accounts
- Open access to an official publication that’s now more than two-years old
- Free CVA Outdoors gear from time to time (It’s the least we can do)
Ideal Candidates We’re Looking For
- Retired folks that want to get creative every once in a while
- Intern seekers (we can provide you with experience outside of classroom… and we can teach you A LOT!)
- People who have the need to build a portfolio (proof of publishing for potential employers)
- Outdoor-living enthusiasts that simply want to contribute to an honest brand
- People who live in Virginia… and people outside of Virginia that love creating outdoor content
What Our Internships Teach
- Turnkey Web Publishing
- Website Creation
- Social Media Marketing
- Facebook Ads (Organic and Paid)
- Facebook Audience Building
- How to Acquire Video with a GoPro
- Video Editing
- SEO and SEM
- Google Analytics, Ads, Search Console
- Keyword Research
- Photo Editing